Sunday, September 30, 2007

A slacker, a harvest festival and pumpkin patches

I've been so obsessed with another blog I'm working on- China Free Christmas - that I haven't been taking care of my Tomato blog. So many things have happened in and around town without me sitting down to type. Apologies... but hey- you have a great resource for toys not made in China!

One important, exciting and fun event of note coming up soon is the Elk Grove Harvest Festival. This is one of my absolute most favorite October events and one of the best pumpkin events in town for families. There are tons of carnival games for the kids, the most gargantuan pumpkins you've ever seen, entertainment, food and more. Sadly, my husband's work scheduled a picnic the same day so we won't get to attend this year.

If you're in the mood for pumpkins, my favorite the local family run Bastiao Farms that turns into Goblin Gardens during October. The family hay ride is so much fun and they may even give you a taste of the delicious fresh corn right off the stalk. You can wander the fields for hours and pick your own pumpkin to bring back in a wagon. We actually went 3 times last year!

*• Goblin Gardens Pumpkin Patch, 3845 El Centro Road, Sacramento; (916) 416-1133

If you're looking for a day trip and want to get out of town- head to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland. There you can ride a train, have a BBQ, slide down Coyote mountain and much more. Plan for the event to take the whole day, there's more to do out there than you think!

Stay tuned for a guide to Apple Hill, next week!

No comments:

Google