Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Railyard Project gets the green light

Speaking of eyesores, the Railyard project got a green light from the City Council on Tuesday. Over the next 20 years, in theory, the project will begin to develop downtown into a "real" city. We'll see jobs, stores, mixed use housing projects, a cultural center and a major infill project take form.

I'm in support of the idea of the railyard project, I really am. But is this the city council to do it? So far we've seen the arena fall through, the completely botched development of North Natomas, the big hole known as The Towers and the troubled Aura Condo project. Sure, it's a down market but it wasn't in the 90's when they approved the debacle of North Natomas. The city surely has had an economist or two studying the market and preparing for fluctuations, right?

As a longtime resident of Sacramento, I'm ready for an all new council full of young, entrepreneurial talent with bold ideas, creative plans and a environmentally friendly way to make Sacramento really shine. This council is none of those... We can only keep our fingers crossed that the next election cycle will bring out some new blood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello SacramentoBlog. I looked for a way to contact you but could not find one, so I hope you don't mind my leaving a comment to try and reach you.

I came across your Sacramento Blog, which is a great resource for Sacramento residents, and I'm wondering if it's possible to advertise a local business on it. The ad wouldn't be intrusive, you have a list of links of things in the Sacramento area, and just a link there would suffice.

Let me know if this is something you are interested in. You can email me at ddcsitemap@gmail.com

Thanks for your time.
Dan

Google