Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best wishes for 2009

As another year comes to a close, everyone seems to be in the mood for lists. What were the best movies, the worst, the best and worst outfits, who got married, divorced or died. I made some crazy predictions for 2008 so let's take a minute to revisit them and see how I did.

Prediction #1- The major I-5 construction project will not be finished in 2008 and there will be major traffic consequences, leading to the funding of the DNA lightrail line.
Minus one for me- the I-5 construction project went off with barely a hitch, Sacramentans adjusted fine and the road has not collapsed, nor has the DNA line been funded in any way.

Prediction #2- Absolutely nothing will happen with the arena. Nothing.
I'll go with neutral on this one. I believe there is a finalized plan out there somewhere to move to Cal Expo but the discussions have really died down in light of the economy.

Prediction #3- Absolutely nothing will happen with K Street.

Plus one for me! Other than Mo Mohanna finally losing his spot, nothing has changed, as evidenced by this Sac Bee article.

Prediction #4- Arden Arcade will be successful in their Nov 2008 bid to become a city.
Wow. I missed this one by a mile. But there is renewed hope that a 2010 vote may happen. So maybe I'll add it to my 2010 list.

Prediction #5- Natomas will not flood this year

Out of great fear that I will jinx my house for the next week, I will not wrap this prediction up. However, we have successfully not flooded for 350 some odd days so that is a good sign.

Stay tuned for more crazy predictions for 2009.

No comments:

Google