Friday, June 1, 2007

Sactown Magazine is all you need-

A free plug for my favorite magazine, Sactown. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, you're missing out.

The latest issue was thoroughly impressive and I savored each page like a delicious piece of dark chocolate. Are you tired of the Sacramento Magazine boring version of 50 things to do in Sacramento (some of which aren't even in or close to Sacramento)? You've got to get the June/July issue of Sactown to see what there really is to do in town. I've lived here my whole life and I learned a few things! I had no idea there is still a drive-in in West Sacramento or that you could play golf after dark, for a price.

What I love most about Sactown is that it proves Sacramento is a real city. We're not just halfway between the Bay and Tahoe. There are actual things to do here, places to eat of note, people to see (check out the fashion show spread) and reasons to stick around on the weekend.

When was the last time you took a picnic to Capitol Park, McKinley Park or Land Park? Have you visited the new Aerospace Museum?

Perhaps it's time to organize a group of friends and do a progressive dinner downtown? We recently did one for a mom's night out with an international theme, visiting Tapa the World, Shanghai Garden and Crepeville. There are literally hundreds of combinations you could come up with!

My challenge to you this weekend- buy a copy of Sactown Magazine and try something in Sacramento that you haven't done before, or haven't done in a long time!

No comments:

Google